Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fresh out of the Dyepot!

Well, I had a fantastic weekend playing with the cauldron and this is what emerged! I wanted to try out dyeing sock blanks as the transitional changes of color can be quite spectacular. I made up the blanks on my Bond knitting machine using two threads so that the socks would be pretty much the same when knitted up. This design is based upon a landscape - blue sky, green grass, brown ground. It sounds uninspiring, but I am sure it will look great when knitted up - these will be for hubby xxx


The next blank is a rainbow - Dad wanted rainbow socks . . . . really! I actually did two rainbow blanks - one with horizontal stripes and the other with diagonal stripes. The diagonal striping will have more gradianting (it is a verb you know!!!) color stripes, it will be fun to see the difference!

At the end of my dying session I usually have some dye leftover - I also already have some made up solutions, so without further ado a splashed it all over a final blank . . . . it will henceforth be known as 'Fugly' - but I bet it turns out the best there is!


And finally -I dyed up some self striping yarn. This is my first attempt and involved a 32 foot circumference . . . . I won't be doing that again in a hurry! I had some spare yarn left and have a 'test skein' to knit up - photos to be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your self striping yarn. The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete