Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

SSS

Also known as 'single sock syndrome'. Sigh . . . . this is the bain of many a sock knitter - well, those of us who knit one sock at a time! So here is a small selection of some of my 'singles' who are looking for a partner!

This sock is knit using Knit Picks Tonal yarn - a lovely merino superwash yarn. The pattern is Serab by Hunter Hammerson and is a quick easy knit. I'm very pleased with this sock, and plan to knit its partner very soon! Hunter is about to release a book of sock patterns, I have pre-ordered the download version, and this pattern was a 'taster' from the book. If the others are anything like this, I am in for a treat:o)

I have used my 'Billy Basic pattern for this sock - it really is a simple pattern. This is the yarn from one of my Christmas presents which I photographed for an earlier post. The yarn has cashmere in it and it is supper soft. I have cast on for the second sock and it will be one of 'commuting' projects that I knit in the car when hubby is driving.

I am taking part in a KAL (knit-a-long) on Ravelry and this is my sock for January on the Cookie A KAL. The pattern is called 'Hedera' and the designer, Cookie A, is giving a talk and class in Tofino in April. I have booked to go and see her and am very excited about that! The yarn is my hand dyed 'Cherry Love'. I had planned to use the yarn for Serab, but it is a bit too thick for the tension - however, it suits Hedera perfectly. I am halfway down the foot so should have the pair finished this weekend. Another quick and easy project . . .

And finally a taster from my dye pot :o) I have played around and produced a spectrum that I will be using when my 'bare' yarn arrives. The colors here look so glorious and vibrant, I can hardly wait to start dyeing. I will be using the trade name of 'Witches Brew' and will be selling it on my Etsy site - so pop over and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment